What are the responsibilities of a Field Training Officer?
- Conducting initial field training for new recruits in addition to performing regularly assigned duties.
- Explaining and demonstrating proper patrol procedures, health and safety regulations, and company practices and procedures.
- Providing guidance to trainees in areas where improvement is required during their three month probation period
- Evaluating and clearly documenting observations of trainees’ performance
- Acting as a positive role model for all S/O’s and promoting company morale
- Appropriately responding to S/O infractions of Intelligarde’s rules and regulations.
- Actively participating as a member of Intelligarde’s leadership team
- Ensuring compliance of the Health and Safety Act
- Submitting all documentation within required time frames
- Completing necessary recertification and attending all required training programs
- Following professional ethics and abiding by Intelligarde’s rules and regulations
What skills or qualifications make a good fit for a Field Training Officer?
- At least six months’ experience at Intelligarde
- Consistently maintained high level of job performance
- Demonstrated a positive attitude towards all duties assigned & fellow officers
- Passion for learning and self-development
- Completed Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid and Use of Force courses
- Demonstrated leadership abilities – patient, supportive and fair
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitive to issues of diversity
- Excellent job knowledge and skills
- Proven to be a reliable, punctual team player