What are the responsibilities of a Dispatcher?
- Operate telephone switchboard for all internal/external calls
- Operate radios
- Handle mail, courier, drop-off packages, messages, general enquiries
- Assist with scheduling
- Respond to issues & situations from other employees
- Respond to emergencies by calling security back up and/or 911
- Ensure consistent implementation of all policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and perform basic repairs
- Perform dispatch functions when necessary including ooperating communication equipment to receive, assess and relay information from the public and field personnel
What skills or qualifications make a good fit for a Dispatcher?
- Previous leadership and supervisory experience
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Proven ability to train and coach teams
- Excellent computer application and troubleshooting skills
- High comfort level with learning new technology
- Proactive, self-motivated, and flexible
- Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment
- 24/7 Availability – our dispatchers work on 12hr rotations
- The discipline to demonstrate tact, discretion & professionalism at all times
- Completion of a recognized Public Safety Communication Course is an asset
*Please note, this is an entry-level administrative position and no security license is required.